Sunday, August 14, 2011

Adjusting

Last semester I was placed in a school with a self serve bookstore, unlimited copying and printing, private computers and more data projectors than I could poke a stick at. One would think I would be in ICT teacher heaven...not the case unfortunately as I found most classes were taken up by power problems, cord shortages, system crashes or IT being unavailable to help my 15 student class download the program needed to their individual laptops. Ah well, it wasnt my $25,000 a year going towards my daughter being able to access facebook at any time.


Semester two and I am placed in public school. Yes all of the above mentioned technology isnt really available to me-in fact the only thing that is, are a few communal computers and $10 worth of printing..... however combine this with classrooms bubbling with energy and eclectic outfits; gorgeous, opinionated adults of the future and a school culture no amount of money could match and I am in no need of a data projector. I can stick with good old fashioned engagement through human interaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment